Thursday, February 23, 2012

My Self Cover Buttons Order Arrived!!

A little while ago, I stumbled across a tutorial on how to make fabric covered button hair clips. Even since then I've been so curious to try making some because they looked heaps easier than I thought they would be. Well...I finally got around to putting an order in and all my bits and pieces arrived! Here's what I got!


What you can see above is:

  • E6000 glue. I got the 29ml tube and it seems huge!! You save money overall if you buy the larger tubes (it comes in 110ml, 29ml and 5.32ml) but I really think it's going to take me awhile to use this up! It's apparently the best stuff for this kind of thing as it is still flexible when it dries and super strong. I was a bit shocked though to read on the back of the tube that it is known to cause cancer so I will be taking every precaution when I use this stuff including a face mask, gloves and using it outside.
  • A set of tools for all sizes of cover buttons (figured I may as well get them all and save money as I would like to use these for various things in the future). These are the newer clear tools so you can line up your fabric more easily if there is a picture you want to centre.
  • 2 prong alligator clips
  • Bobby pins with glue pads on the end
  • Round magnets to make covered button magnets
  • Sterling silver plated surgical steel earring studs and backs with glue pads
  • Packs of covered buttons in 3 different sizes...12ml, 15ml & 19ml
  • Lots of brightly coloured snap clips with glue pads. I just LOVE the pretty colours. I bought a sampler pack of the 21 different colours available so it included silver and other similar colours too. If I buy any more in the future, I think I'll stick to buying the bright, coloured clips only because you can buy individual colours.
  • A fabric cover button snap clip kit with everything you need to make 10 clips plus instructions


I ordered all this stuff from a great Australian store called Jackobindi. They have all kinds of stuff to do with self cover buttons. A little tip too...it TOTALLY pays to like their Facebook page cause they have amazing sales and offers on there! I got a couple of free bags of buttons with my order which was awesome!!


I thought I'd show you a close up of the kit. It's a really fantastic way to learn how to make the hair clips and they have a few different kits for different covered button projects. All I needed to add to the kit above was a pair of flat nosed pliers and a hot glue gun (the glue gun was optional...you can make them without it). 


With all my goodies, I'm planning to make some fridge magnets, earrings, and a few different styles of hair clips. I can't wait to see how they turn out!! I'll have to show you what I make and let you know how it all went. :-)

(((Please note: I don't have any affiliation with Jackobindi...I just think they are a cool cover button store that I would like to share with you...and they're Australian which is even better because it's so hard to find good Australian craft stores!!)))

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers so please leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...